ONE OF THE BEST TRACKING, PASSING AND RECEIVING GAMES WE PLAYED WAS DOUBLE TROUBLE WHICH IS REALLY JUST PASSING AND CATCHING 2 BALLS AT THE SAME TIME. THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO HELP KIDS TO UNDERSTAND RHYTHM AND TEMPO (AS WELL AS CO-OPERATION) BUT IT WILL ALSO IMPROVE CO- ORDINATION, CONCENTRATION AND TRACKING SKILLS.
What You Need
2 BAMBOO CANES,
AND A HOOP OR CHALK CIRCLE.
How To Play
Start off facing each other about 1 step apart and with one playball each. Say 1,2,3 GO and both throw
or kick at same time to each other. As soon as you have both caught (or trapped) the ball, say 1,2,3 GO
and send the ball again. As soon as this becomes easy, start taking a small step backwards to increase the distance.
- Add the hoop and throw and catch with a bounce. The ball must bounce in the hoop.
- Add the bamboo canes or rope lines and make it a kicking or rolling game. Using different sized balls will make this more challenging.
- One ball is thrown and the other is kicked. Now it’s getting tougher but this is great for tracking, reacting and co-ordination.
- Do it quicker…speed up the game by throwing/kicking faster. Stop saying 1,2,3 GO and just send the ball back as soon as you have caught or trapped it.
- Count how many passes you can make before you lose control of the ball.
- Try to make the 2 balls hit each other. This will test your aiming skills and is great fun.
- Add some equipment to pass the ball to each other. Anything works – could be table tennis bats, mini rackets, hockey sticks, cricket bats…